***EDITOR’S NOTE: FOOTAGE OF BLUMENTHAL FLOOR SPEECH AVAILABLE ON PATHFIRE DMG AND FTP***
Slug: [Blumenthal Applauds Release of Oil From Strategic Petroleum Reserve to Ease Gas Prices]
1. On the left side of the Pathfire/DMG main page, click on Video News Feed (Master VNF Locator).
2. From the expanded list, double-click on VNF Provider B.
3. Click the U.S. Senate tab.
4. Locate and click (CT1) CT, Blumenthal. The link to the video will be displayed in the pane on the right.
5. For more instructions, please see the attached PDF.
# # #
(Washington, DC) – Senator Richard Blumenthal today released the following statement in response to the announcement that the Obama Administration will release 30 million barrels of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve in order to ease high gas prices:
“The President has commendably heeded the calls from my colleagues and me to address the pain felt across Connecticut and the country as prices remain much too high at close to $4 a gallon. Crushingly high fuel prices continue to jeopardize our economic recovery and job creation efforts, and we should use all of the tools in our arsenal to rein in such excessive prices. In addition, this move will act as a deterrent to those in the fuel market who attempt to artificially increase prices at the expense of consumers. I continue to support other measures such as stronger enforcement and regulatory steps to prevent abusive manipulation and speculation.”
In March, Blumenthal called for a release of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve as one in a series of methods needed to address rising fuel prices.
# # #